The clubs have contested four major finals: the 2002 FA Cup Final, which Arsenal won 2–0, the 2007 League Cup Final, which Chelsea won 2–1, the 2017 FA Cup Final, which Arsenal won 2–1, and the 2019 Europa League Final, which Chelsea won 4–1. They will meet again in the 2020 FA Cup Final.
- Met in the FA Cup 20 times, Arsenal 9, Draw 6, Chelsea 5
- Arsenal have won the FA Cup 13 times
- Chelsea have won the FA Cup 8 times
- Last met in the FA Cup in 2016-17, Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea
- Met in the league this season, Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal, Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea
- Chelsea have won 3 of their 5 vs Arsenal
- 6 of the last 8 league head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads (all comps) went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 8 of the last 12 head-to-heads
- Chelsea have lost just 1 of their last 5 vs Arsenal (all comps)
- Chelsea have scored 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 vs Arsenal
- Last head-to-head saw a RED CARD (Arsenal, D Luiz)
Other options in the game are to back OVER 2.5 GOALS, as this outcome has paid out in 6 of the last 8 clashes (75%) – this is on offer at 1.95, while Both Teams To Score is another attractive-looking prospect at 1.75 – this has paid out in 8 of the last 12 meetings (67%).
It’s worth noting there was also a RED CARD (David Luiz) when these sides last met (Arsenal) so there might be some carry-over from there.
Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud has been in great scoring form of late so the Frenchman at 6.50 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime) catches the eye, while for Arsenal Aubameyang is their shortest-priced player in the scoring markets at 4.75 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime). Both players were also on target in their last games.
Overall, it’s a tricky game to call, with both sides heading into the game in good order and off the back of some nice wins in the league. Chelsea seem to just have the recent head-to-head edge but with Arsenal’s top record in this competition they are hard to ignore too.
Therefore, the safer option might be to side with goals – back Over 2.5 Goals at 1.95 – a bet that’s paid out 75% of the time in the last 8 meetings.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS & BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE